Did you know that email is about 7 times more effective than social media and search engines when it comes to driving people to your website and generating leads? Email is still one of the most effective ways to connect with customers and drive them to your website.
Over 41% of mobile device owners have purchased in response to an email promo that they received and viewed on their mobile device. AND 80% of online shoppers and 71% of in-store shoppers say email offers influence them to buy. (source: Yesmail Interactive)
If you are not already using email marketing for your business, but are interested in getting started, here is a list of great starter tricks and an infographic to get you started.
- Two popular services to use are Mail Chimp and Constant Contact. With these services you can build your list, create a template for your newsletter and also see things like how many people open your emails and view the content.
- Create a content calendar and determine how often you plan to send out a newsletter. Figure out when you have upcoming specials or announcements, and build your content around the seasons.
- Remember, content is king. It’s not about the quantity, but the quality. You don’t have to send out e-newsletters once a week, especially if it’s filled with junk and not useful information. Make people excited about emails.
- Personalize your emails, but don’t use different fonts or colours to identify names as this signals to the recipient that it is automated.
- Optimize your emails to be mobile-friendly.
- Segment your list to ensure relevant information is going to the right customers.
- Be respectful of people’s email inbox. Don’t ramble on with a long intro, keep to the point and get the facts out right away.